The farm visit
In this story Mr Valdez takes the class on a dairy farm visit. They meet Mrs Jenkins, the farmer, and learn about how milk is produced. This story is available in Gaelic (Scottish) and Welsh.
Ages: 7-8 years
Quick curriculum links
- England (KS1): English, Mathematics, Design and technology
- Northern Ireland (KS1): Language and literacy, Mathematics and numeracy, The world around us, Personal development and mutual understanding
- Scotland (First): Literacy and English, Numeracy and mathematics, Social sciences, Health and wellbeing, Technologies
- Wales (KS2): English, Mathematics, Personal and social education, Design and technology
(For detailed links, please see the teachers' guide below.)
Resources to support
To support different aspects of the story, a range of cross curricular resources have been developed. These are in addition to the PowerPoint presentation and the video of the story. The resources can be used as stand-alone materials, or combined together to support a longer unit of work. The choice is yours.
You may wish to download all the materials and upload them to your school VLE.
All the resources below have been provided in a format which you amend, allowing you the flexibility to change the worksheets to better suit the needs of the children you teach.
Two posters have been created to support work looking at farming. These are:
- A year on the dairy farm: an overview about what happens in different seasons on the farm.
- From grass to glass - the journey of milk: an overview of the story of milk.
In addition, there is a Journey of milk frieze to download (comprising 6 A4 panels).