Based on the Public Health England and British Nutrition Foundation professional food teaching guidelines, the aim of the Food Teacher Professional Portfolio (FTPP) is to enable food teachers, at all stages of their careers, to audit, plan, organise and record their professional development.
A presentation about the programme is available below.
In order to ensure that the FTPP is a successful programme, it is important that expectations are shared and agreed at the start.
The Food Teacher Professional Portfolio programme will provide a comprehensive range of resources, training and events including:
- Monthly online events, with downloads;
- Practical food skills sessions, with recipes;
- Face-to-face events, with classroom materials;
- Certificates of attendance for all events;
- Online resources relevant to the Key stage 3 curriculum (2014) and new GCSE content (Food preparation and nutrition).
- Complete an online audit of your current knowledge and skills. It is important that this is an honest assessment of your abilities to ensure that any identified training really meets your needs;
- Proactively engage with the Portfolio process and use it to plan and support personal training needs along with recording and evidencing professional development;
- Complete an evaluation after every training event attended;
- Complete a short online annual survey;
- Update BNF on your progress, any success stories or information that could be used to inspire other teachers or form case studies.
The programme is brought to you by the British Nutrition Foundation, working with the Food Teachers Centre. The programme is supported by the All Saints Educational Trust.