European Food Framework Dissemination Event
When: 29 May 2012
What is the European Food Framework?
The European Food Framework (EFF) is a pan-European project aimed at improving the health of young people throughout Europe. The project has developed a framework of competences for young people aged 5-16 years, relating to diet (food and drink), active lifestyles and energy balance. The concept is to provide a consistent, up-to-date and accurate (evidence based) consensus, supporting all involved in food, nutrition and lifestyle education, whether part of a formal school curriculum or not. In addition, the project ran five pilot projects in Europe to engage young people with the Framework.
Why should you attend?
· Find out about the competence Framework and how it can be used.
· Understand how young people were engaged with the Framework.
· Learn about a unique food, nutrition and lifestyle resource to promote healthy active lifestyles to children and young people (aged 5 to 16 years) throughout Europe.
· Ask questions and interact with the presenters live.
Who should attend?
· Teachers, educators and lecturers.
· Government officials involved in health, education, curriculum and policy.
· Those involved in resource production and development, as well as training.
· All those with an interest in child health and food and nutrition education.
9:00am Welcome and introduction
9:10am Overview of the European Food Framework – its aims, objectives, development and use
9:30am Pilot project 1: Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, Austria
10:00am Pilot project 2: Dr Suzanne Piscopo, freelance health and nutrition educator and teacher trainer at the University of Malta, Malta
10:45am Pilot project 3: Fundación Española de la Nutrición (FEN), Spain
11:15am Pilot project 4: Schools for Health in Europe (SHE), Netherlands
11:45am Pilot project 5: British Nutrition Foundation (BNF), UK
12:15pm Next steps and conclusions
To register for this event, please click on this link:
Spaces are limited. To join you need a computer with internet connection and speakers.
For further information, please go to: www.europeanfoodframework.eu