REGISTER FOR BNF HEALTHY EATING WEEK 13-17 JUNE 2016
BNF Healthy Eating Week 2015 was the most successful to date with over 7,500 school, nurseries and academies taking part. BNF Healthy Eating Week 2016 will take place 13-17 June and we want to make it the best yet. The aim of the Week is to promote healthy eating and drinking, being active, food provenance and cooking in school and registering is a great way to show your school’s support for, and raise the profile of, healthy eating and food education. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes, registered schools will have access to some fantastic exclusive resources including:
- a comprehensive planning guide;
- five daily challenges with a focus on behaviour change, new for 2016;
- a guide to setting up a Healthy festival;
- live cook–a-longs and webinars;
- a fantastic compeition with amazing cash prizes.
Registered schools will also receive free printed resources in the post, these will comprise:
- an A1 Eatwell Guide poster;
- A blank A1 Eatwell Guide poster;
- a set of 48 food cards;
- an explanatory letter with activity ideas.
Schools who registered before 19 May 2016 will receive the printed resources w/c 30 May 2016.
(If you register after 19 May, you will receive your printed resources early in June.)
Register here now!
Start planning your Healthy Eating Week now, you could:
- plan for the school to be off timetable for the week so you can run whole school food and health activities;
- consider guests you could invite into school to provide talks and run workshops based on healthy eating, cooking and food provenance;
- think about trips and visits for the pupils, e.g. to a local farm, supermarket, food factory, restaurant.