The aim of this session is for children:
- name different types of fruit;
- explain that eating fruit can help to keep us healthy;
- perform simple food skills safely with a focus on peeling by hand, cutting with a knife and mixing ingredients.
You will need:
- Fabulous fruit salad recipe and ingredients and equipment listed on the recipe
- Setting up a cooking session guide
- Get ready to cook cards
- Tasting guide
- Fruit cards – cut out and laminated
- Fabulous fruit salad take home letter
- 4-6 different fruit for tasting. If possible, try to offer a range of fruit the children are less familiar with and include samples that are both grown in the UK and in hotter climates. Take a look at the Fruit cards for ideas. Have two of each fruit available so you can cut one into samples for tasting and the second can be shown as a whole fruit.
The session plan for Fabulous fruit salad.
A letter about the Fabulous fruit salad activity for parents/carers.
A guide to support setting up a cooking session.
A set of cards about getting ready to cook.
A guide to support running a food tasting session.
A set of cards showing photographs of fruit.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?