The aim of this is for children to:
- explain that a lot of our food comes from plants;
- name the parts of some plants that we eat, e.g. leaf, root;
- explain that vegetables come from plants and can be used to make a healthy dish;
- perform simple food skills safety with a focus on cutting with scissors, grating, measuring out by scooping with a spoon, and mixing ingredients.
You will need:
- Perfect plant salad recipe and the ingredients and equipment listed on the recipe
- Vegetable cards
- Setting up a cooking session guide
- Get ready to cook cards
- Perfect plant salad take home letter
The session guide for Perfect plant salad.
A set of cards showing photographs of vegetables.
A guide to support setting up a cooking session.
A set of cards about getting ready to cook.
A letter for parents/carers about the perfect plant salad activity.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?