The aim of this session is for children to:
- recall that they should have breakfast every day;
- recognise that toast can be eaten at breakfast time;
- taste and select food options to top their toast;
- perform simple food skills, safely, e.g. spreading, arranging.
You will need
- Tasty toast recipe and the ingredients and equipment listed on the recipe
- Tasting guide
- Setting up a cooking session guide
- Get ready to cook cards - cut out and laminated
- Small plates or kitchen paper
- Breakfast pairs game x 2 copies, cut out and laminated
- Tasty toast take home sheet
Leader's notes for the tasty toast session.
A guide to support running a food tasting session.
A guide to support setting up a cooking session.
Five cards each illustrating a get ready to cook step.
A card game involving matching breakfast images.
A take home activity sheet to encourage children to have breakfast.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?