This food project has been developed to help pupils investigate products to inform the designing and making of their own on the go product. Pupils will learn about nutrients and how a healthy, varied diet (as shown by the Eatwell Guide) is needed to provide these. Pupils will practise food preparation skills and cooking safely and hygienically. Pupils will explore nutrition information labels and how they help us understand and make choices about what we eat (with a particular focus on reducing fat intake). The learning in this primary project is delivered in the context of designing and making a healthier all-in-one style product to be eaten on the go.
- Pupils will learn about nutrients and their role in a healthy, varied diet.
- Pupils will read and interpret nutrition information labels.
- Pupils will investigate products and undertake research to generate ideas for their own healthier product.
- Pupils will discuss the purpose and features of advertisements.
- Pupils will design and make a product safely and hygienically for an intended purpose, based on design criteria.
- Pupils will evaluate their product.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?