This food project has been developed to help pupils learn about different types of salads and ingredients used in salads around the world. Pupils will learn about healthy eating (with a focus on fibre) and practise using food preparation skills, including the bridge hold and claw grip, safely and hygienically. The learning in this primary project will be delivered within the context of designing and making a salad for lunch.
- Pupils will use acquired healthy eating knowledge to design and make a salad which contributes to a healthy, varied diet.
- Pupils will explore a variety of salads and salad ingredients associated with different countries around the world.
- Pupils will develop and practise their food skills by preparing ingredients safely and hygienically.
- Pupils will design and make a salad for their intended user based on their experiences and research.
- Pupils will make and evaluate their salad.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?