Following on from Alex’s presentation on the Eatwell Guide which looked at the key messages and practical applications, why not join us for this more in depth look at the Eatwell Guide, healthy eating and the impact of nutrition on health and society?
- The impact of nutrition on health and society.
- The Eatwell Guide and its predicted impact.
- Facts behind the headlines.
- Healthy eating recommendations on saturated fat, sugar, salt and fibre.
- Links to Food – a fact of life
- Suggestions for further reading and sources of information.
- The Eatwell Guide is the UK healthy eating model, which should be used in schools. Therefore, being knowledgeable about the Guide, its groups and key messages is important to ensure consistency of message.
- Opportunity to ask questions of Alex about healthy eating and nutrition.
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about healthy eating and nutrition.
- Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The webinar supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills– backed by government.
UK trainee and practising teachers across all phases.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?