The Food – a fact of life programme
Food – a fact of life (FFL) is a comprehensive, progressive education programme which communicates up-to-date, evidence-based, consistent and accurate messages around ‘food’ to all those involved in education. FFL is managed by the British Nutrition Foundation (BNF), in partnership with the Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board (AHDB).
- is UK curriculum compliant and supports key ‘food’ qualifications;
- is based on a progressive framework of knowledge and skills;
- provides editable resources, allowing teachers to modify them to better suit the needs of their pupils ;
- supports a range of learning styles and approaches;
- provides professional development for trainee and practicing teachers;
- has been developed by former teachers, as well as qualified nutrition and agriculture experts;
- has oversight from four Education Working Groups who review work and help set future development.
- To help individuals recognise that food is a basic requirement of life and should be enjoyed.
- To help individuals develop an understanding of the underlying scientific principles upon which current issues in nutrition are based.
- To inform about methods of food production and processing in domestic and commercial situations.
- To encourage an awareness of social, economic and cultural aspects of food choice.
- To enable individuals to demonstrate and apply appropriate knowledge of concepts and principles when planning and preparing meals and when making food choices.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?