100g self raising flour
25g wholemeal self raising flour
1x15ml spoon caster sugar
1 egg (medium)
100g fruit, e.g. blueberries, raspberries, banana, sultanas
Spray oil for frying
Chopping board, knife, weighing scales, sieve, mixing bowl, whisk, measuring jug, frying pan, 15ml spoon, and fish slice.
- Chop the fruit into small chunks or keep whole (depending on size of fruit).
- Sieve the flours into the bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk the egg and milk into the flour.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Pour into the measuring jug.
- Heat the frying pan and add a few sprays of oil.
- Pour in 2 x 15ml spoons of mixture for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then turn using the fish slice.
- Cook the underside of the pancake for one minute or until golden brown.
- Use canned fruit pieces, so that you don’t have to chop anything.
- Transfer the pancake batter to a jug or use a ladle to reduce the spills as the mixture is placed in the frying pan.
- Serve with low fat Greek yogurt, and a drizzle of honey.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?