1 x bagel
1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
2-3 x basil leaves
1 x spring onion
¼ ball of low fat mozzarella
1 x garlic clove
Can opener, sieve, mixing bowl, kitchen scissors, dessert spoon, bread knife, chopping board, baking tray, oven gloves, fish slice, plate.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or gas mark 4.
- Open and strain the canned tomatoes.
- Tip the tomatoes into the mixing bowl.
- Tear the basil leaves finely and add to the mixing bowl.
- Snip the spring onion into the mixing bowl, using the kitchen scissors.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Slice the bagel into quarters, and then halve each quarter through the middle.
- Lay the pieces of bagel on a baking tray, crust side down.
- Bake in the oven, for 5-8 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool and use a fish slice to transfer them onto the plate.
- Peel the garlic clove and rub it 2 or 3 times over each piece of bagel.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto each piece of bagel.
- Tear small pieces of mozzarella and add to the top of each piece of bagel.
- Use oven gloves when putting food into, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Try different types of bread, e.g. slices of ciabatta or baguette, bread rolls.
- Try different types of cheese, e.g. Lancashire, Edam.
- Try different herbs, e.g. chives, coriander.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?