3 spring onions
70g mixed frozen veg
150g smoked haddock, cooked and flaked
1 x 10ml spoon mild curry powder
1 x 15ml spoon chopped coriander
1 packet ready-made filo pastry
Baking sheet, kitchen scissors, mixing bowl, weighing scales, measuring spoons, juicer, 2 mixing spoons, chopping board, pastry brush, fish slice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Snip the spring onions into the bowl.
- Add the mixed vegetables, smoked haddock, curry powder and coriander.
- Juice the lime and add to the other ingredients.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Place a sheet of filo pastry on the chopping board.
- Fold the pastry in half and brush with oil.
- Place a 1 x15ml spoon of the mixture in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Fold the bottom right-hand corner over the mixture to form a triangle.
- Fold the bottom left corner up towards the top edge to create another triangle.
- Repeat this process until all of the pastry has been folded and you have a triangular parcel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining filo pastry and filling.
- Place the samosas on a baking sheet and brush with a little oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden-brown and crisp.
- Serve with a minty yogurt dip.
- Swap the smoked haddock for prawns or canned crab meat.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?