350ml water, boiling
1 x 5ml spoon of stock powder
2 spring onions
½ yellow pepper
2 medium tomatoes
6 dried apricots
2 x 15ml spoons parsley
2 x 15ml spoons low fat dressing
Kettle, measuring jug, measuring spoons, weighing scales, large bowl, fork, chopping board, sharp knife, can opener, scissors, mixing spoon.
- Make up the stock by dissolving the stock powder in the boiling water.
- Pour the stock over the couscous in a large bowl.
- Fluff with a fork and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumber into small chunks.
- Slice the pepper into small strips.
- Slice the dried apricots and parsley into small pieces.
- Add all the vegetables to the couscous and snip the spring onions into the bowl using the scissors.
- Stir everything together.
- Add the dressing.
- Vary the vegetables in the couscous dish, e.g. use celery, sweetcorn, peas, olives or mushrooms.
- Try adding some chickpeas, chopped cooked chicken, ham, tuna or chunks of feta cheese.
- Use flaked almonds or raisins instead of the dried apricots.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?