150g self-raising flour
1 medium egg
2 x 15ml spoon clear honey
150ml semi-skimmed milk
50g bran flakes
Large bowl, whisk, frying pan, tablespoon, spatula
- Place the flour in a large bowl and whisk in the egg.
- Gradually add the honey and then milk and whisk to form a batter.
- Stir in the sultanas and bran flakes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and spoon 4 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan.
- Cook gently for 1-2 minutes, turn over and cook for 1 minute until golden.
- Repeat to make 4 more pancakes.
- Serve drizzled with honey and a scattering of fresh fruit.
Try using chopped dried apricots instead of sultanas.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?