1 x 15ml spoon vegetable oil
4 slices unsmoked back bacon or ham, and chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
100g cooked or leftover new potatoes, thickly sliced
4 medium eggs, beaten
3 x 15ml spoon semi-skimmed milk
1 tomato, diced
20cm non-stick frying pan, whisk, spatula
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan approx. 20cm diameter and fry the bacon for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes then stir in the potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together, season and pour into the pan.
- Cook gently for 3-4 minutes loosening the edges with a spatula.
- Place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes, adding the tomatoes for the last 1 minute, until golden and cooked throughout.
- Cool slightly before turning out of the pan.
Allow to chill before cutting into wedges. Exclude the bacon for a vegetarian option and sprinkle over 50g grated cheese. Great for using up leftover potatoes.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?