450g pork and apple sausages
170g plain flour
100g polenta or cornmeal
Pinch of salt
2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
½ x 5ml spoon bicarbonate of soda
Large bowl, whisk, large spoon, frying pan, pallet knife.
- Place sausages under a preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place in a large bowl the flour, polenta, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix together and make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs and using a whisk gently combine the eggs with the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the melted butter and sweetcorn.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and place a large spoonful of the mixture into it.
- The mixture will spread slightly and then set and brown.
- Turn over after 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Cook the mixture in batches and keep the 'fritters' warm.
- Serve the sausages with the fritters and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?