75g plain flour
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
25g wheat bran
2 large free range eggs
200ml semi-skimmed milk
1 tbsp natural yogurt
Pinch of salt
A little oil for frying
Bacon or ham to serve
Sieve, 2 x mixing bowls, spoon, whisk, frying pan, pallet knife or fish slice.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, stir in the wheat bran.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and pour in the milk and add the yogurt.
- Whisk together and add the salt.
- Pour quarter of the liquid into the flour and mix with a whisk, pour in a little more and continue mixing until all the liquid has been used to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Spoon in a large tablespoon of batter to make 4 small round pancakes.
- Cook until little holes appear on the surface.
- Carefully flip them over using a pallet knife or fish slice.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
Serve topped with bacon or ham.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?