100g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
100g clear honey
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
175g porridge oats
50g sesame seeds toasted
18cm square baking tin, greaseproof baking paper, saucepan, spoon, and knife.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and base line an 18cm square shallow baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, salt, honey and lemon zest in a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted.
- Add the oats and sesame seeds and stir until evenly coated.
- Turn into the tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale golden.
- Leave to cool and cut into 12 fingers.
Use an 18-20cm round sandwich tin if you do not have a square one and cut the flapjacks into wedges.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?