1 clove of garlic
1 small aubergine
1 green pepper
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1x5ml spoon mixed herbs
1x15ml spoon tomato puree
Saucepan, measuring spoons, chopping board, knife, wooden spoon, can opener.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and finely dice the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- dice the aubergine;
- deseed and chop the pepper;
- top, tail and slice the courgettes.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the aubergine and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pepper, courgette and canned tomatoes.
5. Stir in the herbs and tomato puree.
6. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ratatouille works well as a topping or as a side dish - try serving it with a piece of fish.
- Try changing the vegetables – you may be surprised!
- Double the recipe and freeze half - it can be defrosted and used another time.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?