1 clove of garlic
1 small aubergine
1 green pepper
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1x5ml spoon mixed herbs
1x15ml spoon tomato puree
Saucepan, measuring spoons, chopping board, knife, wooden spoon, can opener.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and finely dice the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- dice the aubergine;
- deseed and chop the pepper;
- top, tail and slice the courgettes.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the aubergine and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pepper, courgette and canned tomatoes.
5. Stir in the herbs and tomato puree.
6. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ratatouille works well as a topping or as a side dish - try serving it with a piece of fish.
- Try changing the vegetables – you may be surprised!
- Double the recipe and freeze half - it can be defrosted and used another time.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?