8 x 15ml spoon wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 salmon fillet
2x15ml spoon plain flour
2x15ml spoon, low fat plain yogurt
Zester (or grater), three small bowls, chopping board, knife, measuring spoons, non-stick baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
- Zest the lemon.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and some black pepper.
- Remove the skin from the salmon if necessary.
- Cut the salmon fillet into ‘fingers’.
- Dust the ‘fingers’ in the flour.
- Dip the ‘fingers’ into the yogurt.
- Roll the ‘fingers’ in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon without a coating – steaming is simple.
- Add extra flavour to the breadcrumbs; try parmesan, herbs, black pepper, lime zest or chilli.
- Frozen fish can often be cheaper than fresh fish. The fishmonger at your supermarket may also be able to recommend you a cheaper type of fish.
- Make your own breadcrumbs from stale bread. Any spare bread crumbs can be frozen.
- Double the recipe and freeze half for another time.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?