8 x 15ml spoon wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 salmon fillet
2x15ml spoon plain flour
2x15ml spoon, low fat plain yogurt
Zester (or grater), three small bowls, chopping board, knife, measuring spoons, non-stick baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
- Zest the lemon.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and some black pepper.
- Remove the skin from the salmon if necessary.
- Cut the salmon fillet into ‘fingers’.
- Dust the ‘fingers’ in the flour.
- Dip the ‘fingers’ into the yogurt.
- Roll the ‘fingers’ in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon without a coating – steaming is simple.
- Add extra flavour to the breadcrumbs; try parmesan, herbs, black pepper, lime zest or chilli.
- Frozen fish can often be cheaper than fresh fish. The fishmonger at your supermarket may also be able to recommend you a cheaper type of fish.
- Make your own breadcrumbs from stale bread. Any spare bread crumbs can be frozen.
- Double the recipe and freeze half for another time.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?