1 x 5ml spoon oil
225g lean beef or lamb mince
1 stock beef cube
1 can (200g approx.) baked beans
Dash Tabasco or sweet chilli sauce
3 x 15ml spoon tomato ketchup
175g dried pasta shapes
Chopping board, knife, measuring spoons, large non-stick frying pan and lid, mixing spoon, weighing scales, kettle, measuring jug, can opener, large saucepan, colander.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and brown the mince and onion for 5 minutes.
- Make up the stock.
- Add the beans, stock, Tabasco or chilli sauce, ketchup and seasoning and mix all the ingredients together.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the pasta shapes in a separate saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the boiling water away from the pasta shapes into a colander in the sink.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the bolognese sauce.
- Grated Cheddar or mozzarella cheese could be sprinkled over the dish and served or placed under a preheated grill and heat until the cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic or ciabatta bread and a crisp salad.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?