4 lamb’s kidneys
1 x 15ml extra virgin olive oil
1 x 5ml spoon mango chutney
1 x 5ml spoon curry paste
1 x 15ml Worcestershire sauce
1 x 15ml hot water
Freshly milled black pepper
2-4 slices of thick granary bread or brioche
Red chopping board, sharp knife, lemon zester or grater, large frying pan, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, kettle.
1. Using a red chopping board, clean and chop the kidneys into chunks. Wash and dry hands thoroughly after touching the raw meat.
2. Zest half the lemon.
3. Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan and cook the kidneys for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
4. Add the chutney, curry paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot water, lemon zest and black pepper to the frying pan.
5. Heat through for 1-2 minutes.
6. Lightly toast the bread or brioche.
7. Spoon the kidney mixture over the toast and garnish with the tarragon leaves.
8. Serve immediately.
• If preferred, this recipe could be used as a filling for jacket potatoes.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?