200ml boiling water and 1 meat stock cube
OR 200ml fresh meat stock
1 x 15ml spoon olive oil
8 pork cheeks
120ml elderflower wine
40ml elderflower cordial
Chopping board, vegetable knife, kettle, measuring jug, small saucepan, large non-stick frying pan, large casserole dish with a lid, colander.
1. Pre-heat oven to gas mark 1 or 140°C.
2. Peel and dice the carrot.
3. Chop and rinse the leek.
4. Wash and chop the celery.
5. Boil a kettle and make the stock using a measuring jug or heat the fresh stock in a small saucepan.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the carrot, leek and celery.
7. Put the cooked vegetables in a casserole dish with the pork cheeks, elderflower wine, elderflower cordial and hot stock.
8. Place the casserole dish on the hob and bring to the boil.
9. Cover and cook in the oven for two hours or until tender.
10. Once cooked, remove the cheeks from the pan, strain the sauce and reduce to a thick consistency.
• Serve with roasted root vegetables and horseradish mash.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?