450g lean lamb mince
1 x 5ml spoon ground coriander
1 x 5ml spoon ground cumin
2 x 15ml flat-leaf parsley
50g baby spinach leaves
8 flour tortillas
100g Feta cheese
2 large green apples
Handful of mint
1 x 15ml spoon oil
1 x 15ml spoon lime or lemon juice
1 x 5ml spoon honey
Weighing scales, non-stick frying pan, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, knife, chopping board, fish slice, 2 x non-stick baking trays, oven gloves, small bowl, 4 x serving plates.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or Gas mark 7.
- Heat a large shallow, non-stick frying pan and dry-fry the mince with the coriander and cumin for 8-10 minutes until the meat juices run clear.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- Remove the mince from the heat and stir through the spinach and parsley.
- Place 4 tortillas on a chopping board, spread evenly with the lamb and then crumble the cheese over the top. Sandwich the remaining tortillas on top and transfer the tortillas to non-stick baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the tortillas are crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa:
- core and dice the apples;
- roughly chop the mint;
- place all the apples, mint, oil, lime or lemon juice and honey into a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and serve immediately with the apple and mint salsa and a green salad.
- Instead of using the oven these can be heated one at a time in the frying pan.
- Add frozen peas or sweetcorn to the frying pan when dry-frying the mince.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?