450g lean lamb leg steaks
1 red onion
1 fresh rosemary sprig
1 x 15ml spoon fresh mint (chopped)
1 x 15ml spoon fresh parsley (chopped)
3 pickled gherkins
2 x 15ml spoon capers
1 x 15ml spoon wholegrain mustard
1 x 15ml spoon white wine vinegar
2 x 15ml spoon mayonnaise
Weighing scales, knife, chopping board, 4 x skewers, saucepan, pastry brush, small bowl.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Cut the lean lamb leg steaks into large cubes.
- Using a clean knife and chopping board, peel the onion and cut into 8 wedges lengthways.
- Thread the meat and onion onto the skewers.
- Roughly chop the rosemary.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the rosemary.
- Brush the butter over the skewers and cook under the grill for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the caper dip:
- roughly chop the mint and parsley;
- roughly chop the gherkins;
- drain and rinse the capers;
- mix together the capers, pickled gherkins, mustard, vinegar, fresh mint, fresh parsley and mayonnaise.
• If using wooden skewers pre-soak them in cold water to prevent the wood charring under the grill.
• Serve the lamb skewers with the caper dip, a large mixed leaf salad and crusty bread.
• Try threading a variety of different vegetables or Haloumi cheese onto the skewers.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?