4 small fresh beetroot
2 x 15ml spoon fresh flat leaf parsley
2 sage leaves
1 x 15ml spoon oil
50g black pudding
225g maple cure bacon
Handful rocket leaves
2 x 15ml spoon olive oil
4 x 15ml spoon apple juice
Vegetable knife, 2 x chopping boards, measuring spoon, baking tray, oven gloves, tongs, knife, large mixing bowl, mixing spoon, jar with lid, 2 x serving bowls.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- scrub and cut the beetroot into quarters;
- thinly slice the radishes;
- roughly chop the flat leaf parsley;
- finely chop the sage leaves.
- Place the beetroot quarters onto a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill the black pudding for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Grill the bacon for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy.
- Set the bacon aside to cool.
- Using a separate knife and chopping board:
- dice the black pudding;
- cut the bacon in half.
- Remove the beetroot quarters from the oven.
- Mix the beetroot, black pudding, bacon, radish, parsley together in a large bowl.
- Place the remaining olive oil, sage leaves, apple juice and a few twists of black pepper into a jar place the lid on tight and shake well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
Try different types of lettuce leaves to create a different flavour.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?