1 large onion
4 sticks rhubarb
1 cooking apple
1 clove garlic
1.25cm root ginger
150ml apple juice
2 x 15ml spoon dark brown sugar
4 lean thick pork chops or steaks
Chopping board, vegetable knife, vegetable peeler, garlic press, grater, tongs, oven gloves, small saucepan with lid, mixing spoon
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and chop the onion into thick slices;
• cut the rhubarb into large chunks;
• peel, core and slice the apple;
• peel and crush the garlic;
• peel and grate the root ginger.
2. Pre-heat the grill.
3. Place the pork chops or steaks under the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side (for chops about 2-3 cm in thickness).
4. Place the onion, apple, garlic, ginger, apple juice and brown sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and place a lid on top and simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the fruit is soft, but not mushy.
Serve the chops on mashed potato with a spoonful of chutney and seasonal vegetables
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?