3 cloves garlic
6 fresh sage leaves
2 x 15ml spoon parmesan cheese
4 lean thick pork chops
2 x 15ml spoon olive oil
Garlic crusher, chopping board, knife, grater, pestle and mortar or small bowl and wooden spoon, juice squeezer, pastry brush, tongs, mixing spoon, mixing bowl.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and crush the garlic;
• chop the sage leaves;
• grate the parmesan cheese.
2. Crush together (either using a pestle & mortar or bowl and wooden spoon) the garlic cloves, a few twists of black pepper and sage leaves.
3. Squeeze the lemon.
4. Add the lemon and olive oil to the mixture.
5. Place the lean thick pork chops in a bowl and add the marinade mixture, smear all over the chops, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6. Pre-heat the grill.
7. Cook the chops under the grill, or on a griddle or barbecue, for 6-8 minutes per side.
• These can be served with a large portion of salad or cooked vegetables and a chunk of crusty bread.
• A variety of lower fat dips could also be served with the pork chops.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?