30g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar
1 eating apple
2 cooking apples
2 x 5ml spoon sugar
4 x 15ml water
1 x 5ml spoon cinnamon
6 pork chipolata sausages
250g puff pastry
Muffin tin, knife, chopping board, grater, peeler, saucepan, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, masher, weighing scales, rolling pin, flour dredger, pastry cutter, oven gloves, wire rack.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6.
- Grease the muffin tin.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and thinly slice the onion;
- grate the cheese;
- core and thinly slice the eating apple;
- peel, core and chop the cooking apples into large chunks.
- Place the cooking apples, sugar, water and cinnamon into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 12 circles to loosely fit the muffin tin.
- Press the pastry circles into the muffin tin.
- Twist each pork chipolata sausage in the middle to create 2 small sausages. Cut in half.
- Mash the cooked apple and add 1 x 5ml spoon to each pastry case.
- Top with a piece of sausage, slices of apple and onion.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the juice from the sausages runs clear.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
• Serve as a snack with vegetables or mixed salad, or cold in a lunchbox or picnic.
• To introduce more skill to this recipe make your own pastry.
• If time is limited, use ready-made apple sauce.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?