2 lean back bacon rashers
4 chipolata sausages
1 x 15ml spoon oil
450g lean pork leg cubes
1 x 15ml spoon dark brown sugar
1 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
400g can baked beans
1 pork stock cube
150ml boiling water
Knife, chopping board, oven-proof casserole pot and lid, measuring spoons, weighing scales, mixing spoon, measuring jug, oven gloves.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
- Finely chop the bacon.
- Squeeze, twist and cut the chipolata sausages to make 8 smaller sausages.
- Add the oil to the ovenproof casserole pot and heat on the hob.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork, chipolata sausages and bacon.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the brown sugar, tomato purée, baked beans, pork stock cube and boiling water to the casserole dish.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, cover and cook in the oven for 1-1¼ hours until the pork cubes are tender.
Serve with creamy mash, green beans and carrot sticks.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?