1 large floury potato (approximately 250g)
250g strong plain flour
1 sachet quick acting yeast (7 grams)
2 x 15ml spoons dried rosemary
2 x 15ml spoon oil
150ml warm water
Milk, for glazing
Baking tray, vegetable peeler, knife, chopping board, saucepan, colander, potato masher, sieve, mixing bowl, measuring spoons, palette knife, measuring jug, flour dredger, cling film, pastry brush, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F) or gas mark 4.
- Grease or line the baking tray.
- Peel and chop the potato.
- Boil potato until tender, drain well and mash thoroughly with the dried milk powder.
- Sift flour into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yeast and dried rosemary.
- Make a well and add the oil, warm water and mashed potato.
- Mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for approximately 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place into the bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a roll and place on the prepared baking tray
- Brush each roll with a little milk, before placing in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- This mixture can be left as a large dough and baked in a loaf tin for about 45 minutes.
- Rather than using cooked potato, grate raw potato into the flour mix. You will need to reduce the water to 100ml.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?