Join Claire to hear all about the new Food – a fact of life thematic learning packs for primary schools, created for pupils aged 5-7 and 7-11 years.
The seven packs provide information and resources related to food and health in the context of commonly taught primary school topics, such as Victorians, Space and Our world.
These FREE packs comprise teachers’ guides, presentations, worksheets and recipes. The resources are designed to complement topics already being taught to add an interesting food and health dimension.
Note: The thematic learning packs will be available in the new year.
• Thematic learning in primary schools and using food as a context.
• A review of all the topics covered by the packs, with curriculum links and support.
• An introduction to the resources available, and how these support learning.
• Get inspiration on how the packs can be used in primary schools throughout the UK.
• See how the packs are differentiated for pupils aged 5-7 and 7-11 years.
• Links to Food – a fact of life resources.
• Suggestions for further reading and sources of information.
• Learn more about these new, free resources.
• Find out how you can use the resources to support your teaching.
• Learn about how and why the resources have been developed.
• Support your food planning and teaching.
• Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
• Sources of further support and information will be made available.
• A certificate of attendance will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
• The webinar supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills – backed by government.
• Trainee primary school teachers.
• Qualified primary school teachers.
• Teaching assistants and higher level teaching assistants in primary schools.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?