Later in 2023, we will be launching a suite of resources to support teaching and learning around sustainable, healthy food.
Sustainable food is good for the planet and for us. This takes into account not only the environment, but also nutrition, and socio-economic factors such as affordability and accessibility.
Check back soon for more resources!
If you want to be the first to hear about new resources launching here and elsewhere on Food - a fact of life head to our homepage and sign up for Education News for alerts.
The key learning objectives around sustainable healthy food, for each age phase, are:
- Some foods can be good for us and the planet. (3-5 years)
- Sustainable food is good for the planet and for us. (5-7 years)
- Sustainable, healthy food is good for the planet and our health. (7-11 years)
- Sustainable healthy diets are good for the planet and human health. They should balance nutrition, environmental sustainability and socio-economic factors, e.g. affordability. (11-14 years)
- Sustainable healthy diets are good for the planet and human health. They should balance nutrition and environmental sustainability with socio-economic factors, e.g. affordability, accessibility and cultural acceptability. (14-16 years)
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?