The key learning objectives are:
- Current healthy eating advice, dietary needs, socio-economic factors, preferences, occasion and cost need to be considered when planning to cook;
- Ingredients are selected for their nutrition, functional and sensory characteristics, as well as provenance and seasonality;
- Recipes and cooking methods can be modified to help meet current healthy eating messages;
- Good food safety and hygiene practices are essential to reduce the risk of food poisoning;
- A broad range of ingredients, equipment, food skills and techniques, and cooking methods are used to achieve successful results.
This section builds on the learning from the 7-11 years area. For further rigour and challenge, go to the 14-16 years area (coming soon).
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?