The key learning objectives are:
- When choosing food and drinks, current healthy eating guidelines should be followed;
- Food and drinks provide energy and nutrients in different amounts, they have important functions in the body and people require different amounts during their life;
- There are health issues related to dietary excess or deficiency;
- Nutrition and allergy information on food labels help to make informed food and drink choices;
- Digestion involves different parts of the body, each having an important role;
- It is important to include a variety of different activity in everyday living, supporting physical, social and mental wellbeing.
This section builds on the learning from the 7-11 years area. For further rigour and challenge, go to the 14-16 years area (coming soon).
Reviewed November 2023
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?