What is the purpose of FFL's Knowledge organisers?
• To provide pupils with key facts/information and what they should know and can do at each age phase.
• To provide an opportunity to learn, check and extend knowledge.
• To develop key subject specific vocabulary/terminology.
• To provide an outline of knowledge and skills that should be taught at each age phase.
• To provide consistency between teaching colleagues in the same school or group of schools.
• To support new, less-experienced and non-specialist teachers.
• To save teachers time and reduce workload.
The subject areas for these Knowledge organisers are Healthy eating (including digestion), Food hygiene, Food science, Sensory science, Consumer awareness, Where food comes from and Food commodities. Further Food commodities Knowledge organisers will be coming soon.
The information provided is suitable for 14-16 'food' qualifications across the UK. The Knowledge organisers can be edited to suit the particular needs of each examination specification.
Note: The 5-7 and 7-11 Knowledge organisers can be printed in black and white or colour and also in A4 or A3. We recommend that the 11-14 and 14-16 Knowledge organisers are printed in A3 (black and white or colour) due to the level of content.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?