Food - a fact of life is proud to present our very own roadmaps for the food curriculum. Each roadmap is available in English and Welsh and covers the key topics at each age phase, accompanied by our Key facts. Each Key fact shows progression on the topics as pupils move through each age phase. They are a visual guide to food and nutrition education from 3-16 years and are a way of representing what pupils should learn and the sequence.
Our interactive versions of the Roadmaps contain links to other areas of the website, where you can find more information and download resources related to each Key fact - ideal for lesson planning, or for pupils to revise. We also offer print only versions, perfect for putting up in the classroom.
The main purpose for the Roadmaps is to:
- help schools audit their current food curriculum; plan their future food curriculum (illustrating a progressive approach from 3-16 years); take a whole school approach to food teaching and learning.
- help schools and teachers demonstrate intent and how topics link throughout the age phases (supporting the 3 Is in the 2019 Ofsted Framework - Intent, Implementation and Impact)
- show pupils their food learning journey.
- provide a visual representation of the basis of the Food – a fact of life education programme, and therefore the content of the Food – a fact of life website.
- support the recommendations and proposals of UK government food strategies.
We're really excited to be launching roadmaps for the first time and we can't wait to see how you use them in the classroom! If you have any queries about the Roadmaps, you can get in touch at email@example.com.
Jump to a Roadmap:
Roadmaps are now available to download in Welsh!
Download all the roadmaps here!
Our new Roadmaps can be used alongside our Knowledge organisers, which collate the key facts and information on a particular topic, broken down in an easily digestible way. The FFL Knowledge organisers incorporate images, key terms and definitions (11-14 and 14-16 Years) and plenty of information suitable to each age phase.
The FFL Knowledge organisers can be edited to suit the needs of your pupils and the requirements of particular 14-16 examination specifications.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?