This learning area, which is one of the nine developed to support pupils with additional needs, supports pupil understanding about serving and sharing food and drink.
- Food is presented and served in different ways depending on the time of day, who is eating and the occasion.
- Eating and sharing food is a great way to meet and spend time with people.
- Applying good portion control when serving food can be beneficial for health and reduce the amount of food wasted.
To support learning, the following is available:
- this introductory guide, with activity ideas;
- stimulus materials and a worksheet around sharing food.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?