This learning area, which is one of the nine developed to support pupils with additional needs, supports pupil understanding about healthy eating and food for life.
- Food and water are a basic requirement for life.
- We choose different types of food for different reasons.
- There are many different types of food and drink.
To support learning, the following is available:
- this introductory guide, with activity ideas;
- stimulus materials and worksheets.
An introductory guide to support pupils' learning about healthy eating and food and drink for life.
A stimulus presentation around food and drink for life.
A worksheet around different meal occasions and the food we might eat.
A worksheet around food and drinks that are liked and disliked.
A simple food and drink diary for a day.
A worksheet around using our senses and developing key vocabulary.
A worksheet around food and drink served at special occasions.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?