250g self raising flour
2 x 5ml spoons baking powder
100g caster sugar
230ml semi-skimmed milk
150g canned fruit (in juice)
12 muffin cases, muffin tin, weighing scales, measuring spoons, measuring jug, mixing bowl, wooden spoons, can opener, 2 spoons, cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or gas mark 4
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- Drain the juice from the canned fruit.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Vary the type of fruit you use. Try bananas, cherries or blueberries. Go for fresh, frozen, canned or dried fruits.
- Experiment with different spices, such as cinnamon, ginger or mixed spice.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?