100g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g butter or soft baking spread
50g dried fruit, e.g. sultanas
Weighing scales, mixing bowl, sieve, 12 cake cases, patty tin, wooden spoon, 2 metal spoons, cooling rack.
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
2. Place the cake cases in the patty tin.
3. Sift the flour into the mixing bowl and then add all the other ingredients.
4. Mix everything together until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the dried fruit.
6. Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases using 2 spoons.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Use different types of dried or fresh fruit, e.g. dried apricots, fresh banana.
- Try adding a little spice, such as cinnamon or ginger.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?