1 x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
3 x 15ml breadcrumbs
1 salmon fillet, skinned
1 x 15ml spoon plain flour
2 x 15ml spoon, low fat plain yogurt
Baking tray, 5ml spoon, 15ml spoon, 2 small bowls, chopping board, sharp knife, 2 plates, oven gloves, fish slice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line the baking tray.
- Mix the herbs and breadcrumbs together.
- Cut the fish into 4 ‘finger-sized’ pieces.
- Dust each ‘finger’ in the flour.
- Dip each ‘finger’ in the yogurt.
- Roll each ‘finger’ in the herbs and breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handing raw fish.
- Check that the fillet carefully to make sure there are no bones.
- Try a haddock fillet instead of salmon.
- Serve with salad in a pitta pocket.
- Go spicy! Instead of the herbs, add ½ x 5ml spoon of mild curry power to the breadcrumbs.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?