1/4 Savoy cabbage
4x15ml spoons peas (frozen or fresh)
2 sticks celery
50g bean sprouts
1 stock cube (reduce salt, vegetable)
50g dried noodles (1 nest)
Chopping board, vegetable knife, kitchen scissors, saucepan, measuring jug, measuring spoons, ladle, serving bowls.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- cut the courgette in half length ways, then slice into semi-circles;
- snip or slice the celery;
- cut the cabbage leaves into strips (using the scissors).
- place all the vegetables in the saucepan.
2. Measure the water. Add the water to the saucepan.
3. Crumble the stock cube into the saucepan
4. Add the noodles.
5. Place the saucepan on the hob.
6. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls.
- Use different types of locally grown or seasonal vegetables.
- Make a smooth soup by blending in a liquidiser.
- Add canned beans.
- Tear in cooked chicken pieces or sliced ham.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?