½ lime (or lemon)
1 smoked mackerel fillet (skin removed)
12 fresh chives
2 x 15ml spoons sour cream
Juice squeezer, small bowl, fork, kitchen scissors, 15ml spoon, 2 mixing spoons to serve.
- Juice the lime (or lemon).
- Flake the mackerel into the small bowl, removing any bones.
- Snip the chives.
- Add the sour cream and juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Serve on toasted granary triangles with cucumber.
- Try swapping the mackerel for canned tuna (drained).
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?