1 small courgette
100g Cheddar cheese
225g self-raising flour
175ml semi-skimmed milk
12 muffin cases, muffin tin, chopping board, vegetable knife, grater, mixing bowl, measuring jug, mixing spoon, 2 spoons, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
- Place the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Top, tail and halve the courgette.
- Grate the courgette and cheese.
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Use oven gloves when putting food into, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Try using a grated carrot instead of courgette.
- Try different types of cheese e.g. Feta, Edam.
- Try adding a 1x 5ml spoon of mustard.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?