1x small carrot
2 x spring onions
25g frozen peas
1 x 15ml spoon oyster sauce
4 filo pastry sheets
Chopping board, vegetable knife, vegetable peeler, grater, mixing bowl, kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, dessert spoon, baking tray, pastry brush, oven gloves.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Top, tail, peel and grate the carrot.
- Snip the spring onions in the mixing bowl.
- Add the beansprouts, peas and oyster sauce.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Place the filo pastry sheets on the work surface.
- Halve the pastry sheet and work on one half at a time.
- Spoon a little vegetable mixture along the top edge.
- Fold over twice.
- Fold in the two edges.
- Continue to roll up the spring roll.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Brush with a little oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Use oven gloves when putting food into, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Try adding different vegetables, e.g. finely diced celery, peppers.
- Make sure the join of the pastry is underneath before cooking the spring rolls.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?