1x small carrot
2 x spring onions
25g frozen peas
1 x 15ml spoon oyster sauce
4 filo pastry sheets
Chopping board, vegetable knife, vegetable peeler, grater, mixing bowl, kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, dessert spoon, baking tray, pastry brush, oven gloves.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Top, tail, peel and grate the carrot.
- Snip the spring onions in the mixing bowl.
- Add the beansprouts, peas and oyster sauce.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Place the filo pastry sheets on the work surface.
- Halve the pastry sheet and work on one half at a time.
- Spoon a little vegetable mixture along the top edge.
- Fold over twice.
- Fold in the two edges.
- Continue to roll up the spring roll.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Brush with a little oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Use oven gloves when putting food into, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Try adding different vegetables, e.g. finely diced celery, peppers.
- Make sure the join of the pastry is underneath before cooking the spring rolls.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?