2 large carrots
2 eating apples
Chopping board, vegetable knife, bowl, juicer, fork, 2 small glasses.
- Cut away the top and bottom from each carrot.
- Cut the carrots into pieces that will fit into the top of the juicer and place them into the bowl.
- Cut each apple into 8 pieces and place them in the bowl - remember to check that the pieces will fit into the juicer.
- Switch on the juicer, and push the apple pieces into the juicer – mind your fingers!
- Next, add the carrot pieces.
- Turn off the juicer.
- Whisk the juice and pour into the glasses.
- Use other fruit and vegetables, such as orange and ginger.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?