250g self-raising flour
2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1 x 5ml spoon cinnamon powder
100g caster sugar
Weighing scales, sieve, large bowl, measuring spoons, small bowl, fork, measuring jug, wooden spoon, muffin cases, muffin tin, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl using a fork.
- Pour the milk, oil and egg into the flour mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Carefully take the muffins out of the tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Try using other fruit such as cranberries, banana or apple.
- Use drained canned fruit instead of fresh.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?